Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Babette says "Happy Holidays"


This picture - of my restaurant mannequin Babette - was taken during the 1980s in my living room (which also doubled as my art studio). The East Village was very different back then.









Here is Babette pictured (by me) on my old restaurant menu. She was a fashion icon! We have yet to find a replacement for her at the store.

If you know of any mannequins that are looking for a new home, have them send a photo to us for consideration. The pay is good and there are great benefits like sitting in our store window, opportunities to wear great bags, great exposure to the public and the benefit of an occasional cleaning - with soft paper towels and Windex - guaranteed by one of our staff. Serious inquiries only please!

No comments: